Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garage service door

I have side driveway with the garage behind the house,I need to replace the
32" service door,the problem is that it has a floating slab with 4" concrete
curb,3 2x10 headers above door(service door is next to overhead door),I can
fit a standard size door (32" width)but the height is not standard,can I get
a prehung wood door and saw to fit,without weakening the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:24:22 -0500, pacca wrote:

solid wood 6 panel door,about $250.00 ,special order about
$750.00,which way too much.
"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:24:41 -0500, pacca wrote:

I have side driveway with the garage behind the house,I need to
replace the 32" service door,the problem is that it has a floating
slab with 4" concrete curb,3 2x10 headers above door(service door is
next to overhead door),I can fit a standard size door (32" width)but
the height is not standard,can I get a prehung wood door and saw to
fit,without weakening the door.

What kind of door are you going to use? Solid? Hollow? Steel?

Ask about how door is made and see if you can cut off 4" without doing
harm. The other choice would be to special order a door to fit.

--

If it is indeed solid wood, I would trim off the bottom I might even be
tempted to take apart the jam and take off equal amounts top/bottom.

Franz Fripplfrappl