Posted to alt.home.repair

Default garage service door

On Jun 27, 7:16�pm, franz fripplfrappl wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:24:22 -0500, pacca wrote:
solid wood 6 panel door,about �$250.00 ,special order about
$750.00,which way too much.
"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:24:41 -0500, pacca wrote:

I have side driveway with the garage behind the house,I need to
replace the 32" service door,the problem is that it has a floating
slab with 4" concrete curb,3 2x10 headers above door(service door is
next to overhead door),I can fit a standard size door (32" width)but
the height is not standard,can I get a prehung wood door and saw to
fit,without weakening the door.

What kind of door are you going to use? �Solid? Hollow? Steel?

Ask about how door is made and see if you can cut off 4" without doing
harm. �The other choice would be to special order a door to fit.