Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there a reasonably priced water filter...

that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

--

JC from Gnat Flats

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts.
Requires a softener system.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message ...
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts. Requires
a softener system.

--

I guess that's why I'm not having much luck getting rid of this stuff. I'm
about to open a limeaid stand. G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:19:13 +0000, JC wrote:

that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Have your water tested for minerals (hardness) and then install an
appropriate water softener. Whether to buy or rent is your choice.
There's nothing like softened water for washing clothes and showering.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts.
Requires a softener system.

--

Hmmm,
RO filter does!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
There's nothing like scotch whisky for showering, either, but that's
hardly a recommendation. Some like slime, some don't.

No slime, just the feeling of really clean skin.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 1:12*am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message
There's nothing like scotch whisky for showering, either, but that's
hardly a recommendation. Some like slime, some don't.

No slime, just the feeling of really clean skin.

Try Irish Spring soap.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 28, 12:01*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*franz fripplfrappl wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:19:13 +0000, JC wrote:

that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Have your water tested for minerals (hardness) and then install an
appropriate water softener. *Whether to buy or rent is your choice. *
There's nothing like softened water for washing clothes and showering.

There's nothing like scotch whisky for showering, either, but that's
hardly a recommendation. Some like slime, some don't.

And, a lot of people like lime in their
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
dpb wrote:
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts. Requires
a softener system.

--

Hmmm,
RO filter does!

And an RO filter is what?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
There's nothing like scotch whisky for showering, either, but that's
hardly a recommendation. Some like slime, some don't.

No slime, just the feeling of really clean skin.

I've "showered" my insides with scotch whiskey for years and years, and I
can tell ya, I've probably got the cleanest insides of anyone. But, it's
becoming more and more of a problem for me to walk in a straight line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts.
Requires a softener system.

--

Hmmm,
RO filter does!

And an RO filter is what?

Can RO (reverse osmosis) be called a filter? I think of it more as a
process, however the water is pushed through a membrane. They also need a
lot of water to purge them. Not my first choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
dpb wrote:
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.
Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts.
Requires a softener system.

--
Hmmm,
RO filter does!

And an RO filter is what?

Can RO (reverse osmosis) be called a filter? I think of it more as a
process, however the water is pushed through a membrane. They also need a
lot of water to purge them. Not my first choice.

Well, I suppose it can, but surely isn't the type of filter OP was
requesting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
JC wrote:
that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts.
Requires a softener system.

--
Hmmm,
RO filter does!

And an RO filter is what?

Can RO (reverse osmosis) be called a filter? I think of it more as a
process, however the water is pushed through a membrane. They also need a
lot of water to purge them. Not my first choice.

Lowes is advertising a Whirlpool RO (don't know why I didn't snap to what RO
was -- gettin old I guess) but it said nothing about lime. I emailed the
Whirlpool Customer Service late Friday but have not heard back yet. It's
$179.00 and it that will do it, I'll buy several of them.

--

JC from Gnat Flats

carbon filter for water filter car crash Home Repair 4 November 22nd 06 03:35 PM
Well Water filter Platebanger Home Repair 4 June 10th 05 03:59 PM
Water filter Jack Allen Home Repair 19 March 24th 05 10:34 PM
PUR water filter Jim Home Repair 1 January 2nd 05 08:57 PM
PUR Water Filter Gaby Home Ownership 0 August 12th 04 12:09 AM