Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NM cable in roof eave?

Can I use regular NM cable in the roof eave? Rain won't be hitting it
so I figured it would be okay, but I wanted to make sure since I guess
it's technically "outside" the house.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Can I use regular NM cable in the roof eave? Rain won't be hitting it
so I figured it would be okay, but I wanted to make sure since I guess
it's technically "outside" the house.

Mike

Type NM is for use in normally dry locations. Despite the fact that it would
be under the eave, it may not qualify as "dry". You certainly can use type
UF

Posted to alt.home.repair

What about BX?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
Can I use regular NM cable in the roof eave? Rain won't be hitting it
so I figured it would be okay, but I wanted to make sure since I guess
it's technically "outside" the house.

I think that would be considered a "Damp location". You would need to use
UF or MC cable. No Romex and no BX. EMT conduit with raintight fittings or
PVC conduit is also acceptable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "John Grabowski" wrote:

wrote in message
Can I use regular NM cable in the roof eave? Rain won't be hitting it
so I figured it would be okay, but I wanted to make sure since I guess
it's technically "outside" the house.

I think that would be considered a "Damp location". You would need to use
UF or MC cable. No Romex and no BX. EMT conduit with raintight fittings or
PVC conduit is also acceptable.

It is indeed a damp location. Note that type NMC cable is also acceptable.

Permitted Cable Runs: Negotiating a Pitched Roof thankyousam UK diy 0 August 7th 06 08:21 PM
Roof Aerial/cable fitter in North Leics area Styx UK diy 7 July 24th 06 03:36 PM
eave vent rate Diane Home Repair 3 January 17th 06 08:48 PM
Is it safe to assume RG6 cable strippers and cable connectors are going to be compatible? miamicuse Home Repair 3 November 20th 05 03:37 AM
Will Santa will fall through the roof? - AKA - Bostitch or Porter Cable Roofing Nailer? Dr. Know Woodworking 7 November 8th 03 07:36 PM