Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer won't start

This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jun 23, 8:57*pm, wrote:
This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. *I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. *I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. *I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. *First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens
occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call
a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.

Ron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 23, 11:46 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

Hi,
Is the filter clean? Did you check the breaker for dryer?
Then, maybe the high heat limit sensor is triggered.
When the dryer cools off, it may start again.

Well this morning it started up again. Maybe it was that heat
sensor. Is there anything that could be damaged by getting too hot?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:57:21 -0700, bird_222 wrote:

This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when I
pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

Check the air vent and filter for lint build up. Make sure the belt that
turns the tumbler is not loose or jammed. Is there anything which needs
lubrication? Does anything bind?

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote in :

On Jun 23, 8:57 pm, wrote:
This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens
occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call
a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.

Ron

The thermostats are extremely easy to replace and easily accessable once
behind the dryer. They are down near the vent and heater. This link is
for Whirlpool/Kenmore but has pics of part locations on dryer. Mayeb
helpful.

http://www.cheapapplianceparts.com/r...MMON%20REASONS