Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Dryer won't start

On Jun 23, 8:57*pm, wrote:
This is a Magic Chef Heavy Duty dryer. *I was drying some clothes and
then I opened the door to take something out. *I smelled a kind of
burnt/excessive heat smell. *I tried to start the dryer again but it
wouldn't start. *First, it made a kind of buzzing sound but then when
I pressed the knob again it didn't make any noise at all.

TIA for any advice.

It's possible the theromostat has gone kaput; something that happens
occasionally. If the dryer fails to come on again you'll have to call
a repair man-- uh, repair person-- and have them check it out.

Ron