Posted to alt.home.repair
Carl

Default Maytag Gas Dryer Won't Start

The dryer will not start when cylce knob is pulled. The dryer light is
functional as well as the finished cycle buzzer. Prior to this problem,
the cycle knob did not seem to be turning properly and the drying cycle
had to be repeated a second time when set on "auto dry" to completely
dry clothes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Model# MDG6400AWQ
Serial # 13664137AV

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

The dryer will not start when cylce knob is pulled

What happenes instead? Dead? Hummmmms only?

If dead,
- bad motor
- open thermal fuse
- timer ( no power to the motor )
- door switch

Prior to this problem, the cycle knob did not seem to be turning properly and the drying cycle had to be
repeated a second time when set on "auto dry" to
completely dry clothes.

*Sounds* like a different ( another ) problem.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

bad door switxch most likely cause, try tripping it with something like
a small screwdriver

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Usually it is the thermal fuse and usually that blew because there was a
build up of lint inside the machine slowing the airflow. Look for a
schematic stuck somewhere inside the dryer (may need to unscrew the panel
where the timer is housed, that's where I found mine). You will need to buy
a new fuse, it comes in a pack with the parts for the electric model too,
they make you buy the whole set for the one part you need. And clean out
the lint from behind the filter or it will happen again real soon.

"Carl" wrote in message
oups.com...
The dryer will not start when cylce knob is pulled. The dryer light is
functional as well as the finished cycle buzzer. Prior to this problem,
the cycle knob did not seem to be turning properly and the drying cycle
had to be repeated a second time when set on "auto dry" to completely
dry clothes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Model# MDG6400AWQ
Serial # 13664137AV

Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14

Prior to this problem,
the cycle knob did not seem to be turning properly and the drying cycle
had to be repeated a second time when set on "auto dry" to completely
dry clothes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

This part sounds like a clogged dryer vent. Not the lint screen inside
the dryer, but the vent that runs from the back of the dryer through
the wall to the exterior of the structure. It needs to be cleaned
out.
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com/

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician