Posted to alt.home.repair

Default File cabinet missing "follower blocks" - replacement/substitute?

I have a file cabinet with missing follower blocks. ("Follower blocks"
are the movable supports that keep files in half-full drawers upright.)
I tried to get replacements from the local office supplies stores but
none of them carry them.

Does anyone know where replacement follower blocks are sold? Or
alternatively, what would be some good substitutes for them?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2008 12:07 PM MNSI spake thus:

I have a file cabinet with missing follower blocks. ("Follower blocks"
are the movable supports that keep files in half-full drawers upright.)
I tried to get replacements from the local office supplies stores but
none of them carry them.

Does anyone know where replacement follower blocks are sold? Or
alternatively, what would be some good substitutes for them?

Hon has these available for their file cabinets:
http://www.honaccessories.com/view_p...=23&scat_id=23

Dunno if they'd fit yours, but maybe you could check w/the manufacturer
of yours.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Dunno if they'd fit yours, but maybe you could check w/the manufacturer
of yours.

Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't say anywhere on the cabinet who made it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

you could switch to a hanging folder system, the frames for those are
essentially universal. The follower blocks would just keep the files near
the front, the hanging folders keep things upright. After that you can just
stuff in a cardboard box to make up the space.

"MNSI" wrote in message
newsJB1k.2531$Kw3.1724@trndny01...
I have a file cabinet with missing follower blocks. ("Follower blocks" are
the movable supports that keep files in half-full drawers upright.) I tried
to get replacements from the local office supplies stores but none of them
carry them.

Does anyone know where replacement follower blocks are sold? Or
alternatively, what would be some good substitutes for them?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pipedown wrote:
you could switch to a hanging folder system, the frames for those are
essentially universal. The follower blocks would just keep the files
near the front, the hanging folders keep things upright. After that
you can just stuff in a cardboard box to make up the space.

Second.

When we put in hanging folders, the "follower blocks" just got in the way
and were discarded.