Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier problem

I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working
So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out what the
problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 31, 7:57*pm, "D. A. Tsenuf" wrote:
I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working
So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out what the
problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

Head for repairclinic.com. Do what the man says. Good people. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 31, 7:57 pm, "D. A. Tsenuf" wrote:
I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working
So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out what the
problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

In my experience...the burner is not lighting because the "glo-bar"
has cracked or broken. It is located close to the burner and is easy
to spot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On May 31, 7:57 pm, "D. A. Tsenuf" wrote:
I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working
So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out what
the
problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

In my experience...the burner is not lighting because the "glo-bar"
has cracked or broken. It is located close to the burner and is easy
to spot.

I also need a "How to get into your Sears Dryer for Dummies" manual, so that
I can figure out where the "glo-bar" is located
:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

#
# Head for repairclinic.com. Do what the man says. Good people. HTH
#

Looked at the www.repairclinic.com site, but there is not direction on how
to remove the front panel
I'm sure it's simple and obvious once you know how, but there is too much
possibility of doing it wrong and damaging something in the process of
opening it up

Any suggestions ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"D. A. Tsenuf" wrote in message
Looked at the www.repairclinic.com site, but there is not direction on how
to remove the front panel
I'm sure it's simple and obvious once you know how, but there is too much
possibility of doing it wrong and damaging something in the process of
opening it up

Any suggestions ?

Look for screws on the bottom edge. If there are a couple, remove them and
swing the bottom out. Can't say for sure, but many are put together like
that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:28:04 -0500, "D. A. Tsenuf"
wrote:

-snip-
Looked at the www.repairclinic.com site, but there is not direction on how
to remove the front panel
I'm sure it's simple and obvious once you know how, but there is too much
possibility of doing it wrong and damaging something in the process of
opening it up

It's easy if you've done it before.g I think your dryer will be
this style-
http://www.repairclinic.com/0100_13.asp

At any rate- see the clips on the top of the front panel? [unplug
things first- there are open wires and bare contacts exposed]

You just pry the top with a screwdriver- prop it up out of your way.
Then you should be able to see a couple screws holding the front on.
[5 hands and a rubber neck are helpful]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

checD. A. Tsenuf wrote:

wrote in message
On May 31, 7:57 pm, "D. A. Tsenuf" wrote:
I have a Sears Kenmore 90 series (natural) gas drier.

It has been in use for 10 years

For some reason, the heater has stopped working
So basically everything is cold when it's running

Is there a website to walk me through the process of figuring out
what the
problem is and possibly fixing it ?

Thanks

In my experience...the burner is not lighting because the "glo-bar"
has cracked or broken. It is located close to the burner and is easy
to spot.

I also need a "How to get into your Sears Dryer for Dummies" manual, so
that I can figure out where the "glo-bar" is located
:-)

check here for some help re opening cabinet
remember that Sears/Kenmore dryers are made by Whirlpool

http://www.partselect.com/dryer+open-cabinet+repair.htm

for part numbers or locations, go here for drawings and listings

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/