Posted to alt.home.repair
wle wle is offline

Default if an A/C is low on freon, does it use more energy or not?

if an A/C is low on freon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

wle.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wle wrote:
if an A/C is low on freon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

More because efficiency drops.

Posted to alt.home.repair
wle wle is offline

--

oh
good answer

wle

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 30, 12:34*pm, wle wrote:
if an A/C is low on freon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

wle.

From what I remember, I had my CAC charged with freon a few years ago
while an Amprobe was hooked up to the compressor, and I remeber seeing
the current draw go up slighty as the freon was being pumped in,
probably due to the added pressure from the freon the compressor had
to push.
Posted to alt.home.repair
wle wle is offline

oh wait
this makes it sound like it could be using less power..
wle.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wle wrote:
oh wait
this makes it sound like it could be using less power..

But the efficiency isn't as good...don't you think if the overall
efficiency were better the manufacturer would design it to run there?

Posted to alt.home.repair
wle wle is offline

On May 30, 10:09*pm, CJT wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
On May 30, 12:34 pm, wle wrote:

if an A/C is low onfreon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

wle.

From what I remember, I had my CAC charged withfreona few years ago
while an Amprobe was hooked up to the compressor, and I remeber seeing
the current draw go up slighty as thefreonwas being pumped in,
probably due to the added pressure from thefreonthe compressor had
to push.

It'll work harder while it's running, but not run as long.

minimize spam. *Our true address is of the form .- Hide quoted text -

what?that makes it sound like it;s better to run low on freon

that can;t be right

how can it not run as long?
it won;t be getting as cold, it has to run longer..

wle
Posted to alt.home.repair

wle wrote:
On May 30, 10:09 pm, CJT wrote:
Mikepier wrote:
On May 30, 12:34 pm, wle wrote:

if an A/C is low onfreon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

wle.

From what I remember, I had my CAC charged withfreona few years ago
while an Amprobe was hooked up to the compressor, and I remeber
seeing the current draw go up slighty as thefreonwas being pumped
in, probably due to the added pressure from thefreonthe compressor
had
to push.

It'll work harder while it's running, but not run as long.

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form .-

what?that makes it sound like it;s better to run low on freon

that can;t be right

how can it not run as long?
it won;t be getting as cold, it has to run longer..

wle

I have retired from the field and I can tell you that when your system runs
low on refrigerant, it cost you more. When the system loses charge you now
lose the size. I mean if you are using a 3-ton system and when the system
loses charge, you now are using a 2 to 2.5-ton system to cool the same
house.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

wle wrote:

On May 30, 10:09 pm, CJT wrote:

Mikepier wrote:

On May 30, 12:34 pm, wle wrote:

if an A/C is low onfreon, does it use more energy or not?

obviously it doesn;t get as cold, so it has to run longer

but is the power demand the same, or less?

is the total energy used the same, or less, or more?

wle.

From what I remember, I had my CAC charged withfreona few years ago
while an Amprobe was hooked up to the compressor, and I remeber seeing
the current draw go up slighty as thefreonwas being pumped in,
probably due to the added pressure from thefreonthe compressor had
to push.

It'll work harder while it's running, but not run as long.

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form .- Hide quoted text -

what?that makes it sound like it;s better to run low on freon

that can;t be right

how can it not run as long?
it won;t be getting as cold, it has to run longer..

wle

When it's charged, it'll work harder while running, but not run as long
for the same cooling. The cumulative energy will be less.

Can I tell if there is freon in the AC? mm Home Repair 8 February 21st 08 08:57 PM
HVAC fan vs low freon hankus Home Repair 5 August 12th 06 02:23 PM
Puron vs Freon Walter R. Home Repair 2 October 9th 05 11:49 AM
Replacing Freon in AC user Home Repair 20 August 30th 05 04:12 PM