Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NEC on line?

is there a NEC "Book" on line?
I am looking for the section dealing with separate grounds and neutral buss
bars in a sub panel.
Got into a dissuasion with the meter electrician from the POCO,about this,
and he said "NO" they are bonded together, but from reading, I know better.
I would just like to show him the code section.
Thanks, Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthony Diodati wrote:
is there a NEC "Book" on line?
I am looking for the section dealing with separate grounds and neutral buss
bars in a sub panel.
Got into a dissuasion with the meter electrician from the POCO,about this,
and he said "NO" they are bonded together, but from reading, I know better.
I would just like to show him the code section.
Thanks, Tony

http://www.nfpa.org/freecodes/free_a....asp?id=7005SB
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

250.24(A)(5) Load-Side Grounding Connections. A grounding connection
shall not be made to any grounded circuit conductor on the load side
of the service disconnecting means except as otherwise permitted in
this article
The exception is if you are serving a second building and that
exception goes away when your area adopts the 2008 code.

Yea, I think that's what the fellow in the engineering dept. said, that if
you have a service disconnect before the main, then the neutral and ground
would be separate and not bonded together in the main.
Do I understand this correctly?
Thanks, Tony