Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with Kohler Forte kitchen faucet and Pur water filter!!

I have the Kohler Forte kitchen faucet,

http://www.faucet.com/decor/product....+219+30 00353

and I am trying to install the PUR faucet mount water filter

http://www.purwater.com/#/faucets

The problem is, none of the adapters fit the Kohler faucet. The
standard sized one does fit, but is not 'tall' enough. The problem is
the Kohler faucet's aerator threading is deep, the adapter fits, but
because the threading is deep, the adapter have very little exposed
part after threading into the faucet, leaving me no thread to mount
the filter.

I went to HD, but didn't find anything that would work. I called
Kohler and they also don't sell any adapters.

I know there probably exist an adapter somewhere that works, anyone
have this faucet or filter know where to get an adapter that's taller?
The one that's too short, does fit a standard Delta kitchen faucet. I
need one just like that, but taller.

Thanks!

Raymond
Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

http://www.faucet.com/decor/product....+219+30 00353

and I am trying to install the PUR faucet mount water filter

http://www.purwater.com/#/faucets

The problem is, none of the adapters fit the Kohler faucet. The
standard sized one does fit, but is not 'tall' enough.

Nice faucet. Why ugly it up with a filter? Instead of the one on the
faucet, put in an in-line or under sink filter and get better capacity and
no ugly blob on the end of an otherwise stylish faucet.

The faucet is a bit too high unfortunately, and doesn't have long
enough reach to put the head in the center of the sink. Washing
anything results in water splashing all over the place, especially the
back, since the faucet is not at the center of the sink but more
toward the back. Adding the filter would definitely help in lower the
faucet head, and use up my 2 boxes of PUR filters that would otherwise
go to waste.

Unfortunately the damn installer throw the box away, otherwise I
would've returned it and switched with a regular faucet.

Raymond
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to nospam.house, Salim wrote:
after many tries and weeks of search finally found the adapter that fits with
pur kit
check this link
https://www.conservationwarehouse.co...-55-64-27.html
Male M21.5 x 1 - Male 55/64 - 27 Acetal Adapter for Jr / Small Cache Aerators

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-307183-.htm