Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Killing Moss On Driveway ?

Hello,

Have a fair amount of green moss on driveway and rocks that I would like
to kill. Have scrapped a lot of it away, but the amount that seems to be
un-scrappable is still large.

Can I use Vinegar to kill the stuff ?
If so, use as it comes out of the bottlew, or should it be mixed with water
?
If so, at what ratio ?

Is Chlorox "better" ? Why ?
If so, same questions as above re ratio to mix, etc. ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:33:17 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Have a fair amount of green moss on driveway and rocks that I would like
to kill. Have scrapped a lot of it away, but the amount that seems to be
un-scrappable is still large.

Can I use Vinegar to kill the stuff ?
If so, use as it comes out of the bottlew, or should it be mixed with water
?
If so, at what ratio ?

Is Chlorox "better" ? Why ?
If so, same questions as above re ratio to mix, etc. ?

Much thanks,
Bob

There are moss killers that you can purchase. Or, you could put some
agricultural lime on the moss once a month. Moss hates lime, and may
eventually die off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

Have a fair amount of green moss on driveway and rocks that I would like
to kill. Have scrapped a lot of it away, but the amount that seems to be
un-scrappable is still large.

Can I use Vinegar to kill the stuff ?
If so, use as it comes out of the bottlew, or should it be mixed with water
?
If so, at what ratio ?

Is Chlorox "better" ? Why ?
If so, same questions as above re ratio to mix, etc. ?

Much thanks,
Bob

There are moss killers that you can purchase. Or, you could put some
agricultural lime on the moss once a month. Moss hates lime, and may
eventually die off.

I used to have a patio area that was well shaded and grew a lot of moss.
I found a pressure washer cleans it off nicely and if you give it a
final rinse with a bleach solution on the chemical feed the moss will
stay gone for months.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
. ..
Hello,

Have a fair amount of green moss on driveway and rocks that I would like
to kill. Have scrapped a lot of it away, but the amount that seems to be
un-scrappable is still large.

Can I use Vinegar to kill the stuff ?
If so, use as it comes out of the bottlew, or should it be mixed with water ?
If so, at what ratio ?

Is Chlorox "better" ? Why ?
If so, same questions as above re ratio to mix, etc. ?

I have heard that diluted bleach is pretty effective against moss.
Moss seems to like acid conditions, so vinegar might not help much.