Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vika work-table/scaffold?

A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand folding work
table that also served as a scaffold. There was a sign saying inventory
would arrive mid-April. Since then the display has disappeared and they say
they do not have the product on order. It had some interesting features
like a built-in power bar, measuring markings, tool trays and so on. I've
been unable to find anything online about this product or the company that
makes it, does anyone have any further information on this company?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 2:20*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand folding work
table that also served as a scaffold. *There was a sign saying inventory
would arrive mid-April. *Since then the display has disappeared and they say
they do not have the product on order. *It had some interesting features
like a built-in power bar, measuring markings, tool trays and so on. *I've
been unable to find anything online about this product or the company that
makes it, does anyone have any further information on this company?

Probably some Chinese crap that fell apart and killed the tester
Posted to alt.home.repair

A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand
folding work table that also served as a scaffold. There was a sign
saying inventory would arrive mid-April. Since then the display has
disappeared and they say they do not have the product on order. It
had some interesting features like a built-in power bar, measuring
markings, tool trays and so on. I've been unable to find anything
online about this product or the company that makes it, does anyone
have any further information on this company?

Probably some Chinese crap that fell apart and killed the tester

Actually the sample they had on display looked pretty solid, some clever
design features too, just the thing for installing drywall and painting
which we're about to do more of. I'm guessing a deal fell through or an
importer couldn't deliver on time. The whole top flipped over, one side was
smooth with measurements printed on it, seemed to be set up to serve as a
router table. The other (scaffold) side had a non-skid grid surface,
supposed to be good for 500lbs. By the name I'd guess it's from
Scandinavia, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. Unfortunately it
was strapped to a shelf 4' up so I couldn't push it around to see all the
labels, and the store was told to sell the display model which they did
before I called. Just one of those products that catches one's eye....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 3:20 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand folding work
table that also served as a scaffold. There was a sign saying inventory
would arrive mid-April. Since then the display has disappeared and they say
they do not have the product on order. It had some interesting features
like a built-in power bar, measuring markings, tool trays and so on. I've
been unable to find anything online about this product or the company that
makes it, does anyone have any further information on this company?

You must not have had your eyes open when you Googled. =:O
The first two hits for 'vika scaffold' were good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 6:58*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 15, 3:20 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:

A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand folding work
table that also served as a scaffold. *There was a sign saying inventory
would arrive mid-April. *Since then the display has disappeared and they say
they do not have the product on order. *It had some interesting features
like a built-in power bar, measuring markings, tool trays and so on. *I've
been unable to find anything online about this product or the company that
makes it, does anyone have any further information on this company?

You must not have had your eyes open when you Googled. *=:O
The first two hits for 'vika scaffold' were good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

If I had one, it wouldnt get used or only rarely , im sorry. I say it
will dissapear as soon as it appeared, only momentarily.... some
suckers idea to get rich failed at a big loss. I use a ladder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 3:20 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand folding
work
table that also served as a scaffold. There was a sign saying inventory
would arrive mid-April. Since then the display has disappeared and they
say
they do not have the product on order. It had some interesting features
like a built-in power bar, measuring markings, tool trays and so on.
I've
been unable to find anything online about this product or the company
that
makes it, does anyone have any further information on this company?

You must not have had your eyes open when you Googled. =:O
The first two hits for 'vika scaffold' were good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

That is a nice product.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:

You must not have had your eyes open when you Googled. =:O
The first two hits for 'vika scaffold' were good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

My eyes were open, especially after some of the sites based in Russia that
offered an altogether different sort of product popped up. However that
YouTube link never came up. Odd, I tried a bunch of variations on Vika
scaffold and similar terms, never got that link.

However that's the product I saw, thanks! Costco had it twenty bucks
cheaper BTW, although they don't actually have any to sell at the moment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:

If I had one, it wouldnt get used or only rarely , im sorry. I say it
will dissapear as soon as it appeared, only momentarily.... some
suckers idea to get rich failed at a big loss. I use a ladder.

I already have two good ladders and I can see using this quite often, for
drywall or painting, for washing windows or changing outdoor floodlights.
Just as a work table it would come in handy, I hope Costco actually comes up
with some before I start working on that other bedroom that needs sheetrock
and paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:

You must not have had your eyes open when you Googled. =:O
The first two hits for 'vika scaffold' were good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

Well look what I found, had to find the website designer's page first, but
finally I came up with something after the YouTube link you posted gave me
the actual product name. Thanks again.

http://www.vikausa.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:37:32 -0400, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOys7oVGIzg

That is a nice product.

I could use one. It won't help for tall ceilings. like 10 -12 foot.

Targeted towards the DIY...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DGDevin" wrote:

Well look what I found, had to find the website designer's page first, but
finally I came up with something after the YouTube link you posted gave me
the actual product name. Thanks again.

http://www.vikausa.com/

How heavy is it?

I could see using that as a portable table!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Well look what I found, had to find the website designer's page
first, but finally I came up with something after the YouTube link
you posted gave me the actual product name. Thanks again.

http://www.vikausa.com/

How heavy is it?

I could see using that as a portable table!

They don't give the weight on their spec-sheet. Based on the materials it
is made of I'd guess it weighs somewhere between thirty and forty pounds,
the handles seem to indicate it is intended to be carried with one hand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 16, 8:05*am, "DGDevin" wrote:
wrote:
Well look what I found, had to find the website designer's page
first, but finally I came up with something after the YouTube link
you posted gave me the actual product name. *Thanks again.

http://www.vikausa.com/

How heavy is it?

I could see using that as a portable table!

They don't give the weight on their spec-sheet. *Based on the materials it
is made of I'd guess it weighs somewhere between thirty and forty pounds,
the handles seem to indicate it is intended to be carried with one hand.

We just bought one at an auction and it has handles and weighs 48 lbs.
I can carry it with one hand. There is a phone number on the box
1-877-845-2872. My husband was thrilled to get it for $95. Not sure
what they sell for on the market.

Making a PC desk (work table) Ace Woodworking 6 May 12th 07 04:31 AM
Work (Office) Desk table top opinion [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 14th 06 08:57 PM
Norm's Work Table Tom H Woodworking 8 February 12th 06 10:38 PM
Holding down work on Mill table David Metalworking 9 December 24th 05 04:46 PM
Work table height carl mciver Metalworking 20 April 28th 05 09:34 PM