Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Vika work-table/scaffold?

A local Costco outlet had a display recently with a Vika brand
folding work table that also served as a scaffold. There was a sign
saying inventory would arrive mid-April. Since then the display has
disappeared and they say they do not have the product on order. It
had some interesting features like a built-in power bar, measuring
markings, tool trays and so on. I've been unable to find anything
online about this product or the company that makes it, does anyone
have any further information on this company?

Probably some Chinese crap that fell apart and killed the tester

Actually the sample they had on display looked pretty solid, some clever
design features too, just the thing for installing drywall and painting
which we're about to do more of. I'm guessing a deal fell through or an
importer couldn't deliver on time. The whole top flipped over, one side was
smooth with measurements printed on it, seemed to be set up to serve as a
router table. The other (scaffold) side had a non-skid grid surface,
supposed to be good for 500lbs. By the name I'd guess it's from
Scandinavia, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. Unfortunately it
was strapped to a shelf 4' up so I couldn't push it around to see all the
labels, and the store was told to sell the display model which they did
before I called. Just one of those products that catches one's eye....