Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFI in kitchen

What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

Thanks
Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Charlie,

I am not sure of the time other than the early eighties in Arizona. The
houses that we work on that have one GFCI either in the kitchen or master
bath have the other exterior and bathroom wired through them so they are
protected also.

cm

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

Thanks
Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

Thanks
Charlie

Around 1972 they were first required for bathroom outlets. I don't remember
exactly when, but sometime later, they were required for any outlet within 6
foot of a kitchen sink, with each code change they added new locations. I do
believe that garage outlets and outside outlets came shortly after bathroom
outlets, but I could be mistaken

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Bress" wrote in message
What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

My house was built in '78. Bathrooms and outdoors have them, kitchen does
not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 5, 5:53*pm, "Charlie Bress" wrote:
What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

Thanks
Charlie

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

In *real* neighborhoods, we play sports trivia. g

I'll take "House Wiring" for $400, Alex.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:43:25 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Apr 5, 5:53 pm, "Charlie Bress" wrote:
What is the timeframe when GFI protection was required in a kitchen?

Was it different for bathrooms and outdoor receptacles?

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

Thanks
Charlie

This is just for a neighborhood discussion.

In *real* neighborhoods, we play sports trivia. g

I'll take "House Wiring" for $400, Alex.

As is the answer to most NEC questions, ask Mike Holt

http://www.mikeholt.com/documents/ne...ment_page2.pdf

That's a great page. Thanks for the info

Charlie

Kitchen re-fit Ian F. UK diy 15 October 9th 07 10:37 AM
Can a single mixer kitchen tap be used on a double kitchen sink??? [email protected] UK diy 2 October 23rd 05 10:26 PM
Wiring kitchen ring query when kitchen part installed Jonathan UK diy 0 April 26th 05 05:56 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM