Posted to alt.home.repair

Default weller soldering station parts?

Hi all,

got an old Weller TC202 soldering station with a TC201 pencil. I have
no idea how old it is but I liberated it from a trash pile at my
previous employer's when they threw out all the stuff they didn't want
after they stopped fabricating stuff in house and moved to a new office.
Got it out yesterday to mate the adapter plugs to the head unit's
harness for a new radio for the Ugly Truck. Still works like a champ
but the tip is falling out of the pencil; it appears that there's a tube
with an end that is kind of reverse flared that is supposed to hold the
tip, but it doesn't anymore. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a
new one? seems all I can find from DAGS is new tips but no other repair
parts. or should I just try to find a new(er) pencil on fleaBay? I'd
hate to give up on this as I like using it so much more than any plain
old soldering iron that I've ever had, it heats up splices like a big
dog without melting the wires' insulation.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

[...]

from GOOGLE;
http://www.action-electronics.com/wewtcpt.htm

what you want is the "barrel nut assembly".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote in
:

[...]

sweet. I bow to your superior googling skills. I knew there had to be
someone that still stocked this stuff.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

Have you looked here? http://www.cooperhandtools.com/weller/index.cfm

Their parts page seems to be under construction, but the contact us page
is working.

Fry's has much of the Weller line, including many parts such as:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/146...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

and

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/173...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

BTW, Altavista eats Google for lunch when it comes to search results,
and "Weller parts" comes up with numerous valid hits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

You can also order Weller parts from http://www.digikey.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote in
:

[...]

I really don't have any!
All I typed in was "Weller TC201 iron",and it was on the first page.

I knew there had to
be someone that still stocked this stuff.

nate

I'm surprised you can still get tips for them.
I would have thought the trend was towards simpler tips and a temp control
element in the heater element.

Happy soldering!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
"Pete C." wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

The other poster's link worked for me; sadly I don't have a Fry's
(actually I have never seen one) and the only good electronics supply
place is unfriendly unless you know exactly what you want and have their
catalog numbers handy, they don't like to help you with a parts order.
However I was able to find the parts I needed on the other web site and
they hopefully will ship to me tomorrow. The interweb is a wonderful place!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
"Pete C." wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

DigiKey is a good place to keep in your link archive. They carry an ever
growing line of products, and they are very good for customer service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Pete C. wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

Follow up - it needed a new barrel nut. I went ahead and bought an
assortment of new tips anyway, just because... package arrived today
and I installed the new barrel nut and all is good now. Should be
happily soldering for another 20 years or so thanks for the help guys

nate