Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default weller soldering station parts?

Nate Nagel wrote:

Hi all,

got an old Weller TC202 soldering station with a TC201 pencil. I have
no idea how old it is but I liberated it from a trash pile at my
previous employer's when they threw out all the stuff they didn't want
after they stopped fabricating stuff in house and moved to a new office.
Got it out yesterday to mate the adapter plugs to the head unit's
harness for a new radio for the Ugly Truck. Still works like a champ
but the tip is falling out of the pencil; it appears that there's a tube
with an end that is kind of reverse flared that is supposed to hold the
tip, but it doesn't anymore. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a
new one? seems all I can find from DAGS is new tips but no other repair
parts. or should I just try to find a new(er) pencil on fleaBay? I'd
hate to give up on this as I like using it so much more than any plain
old soldering iron that I've ever had, it heats up splices like a big
dog without melting the wires' insulation.

Have you looked here? http://www.cooperhandtools.com/weller/index.cfm

Their parts page seems to be under construction, but the contact us page
is working.

Fry's has much of the Weller line, including many parts such as:

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/146...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

and

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/173...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

BTW, Altavista eats Google for lunch when it comes to search results,
and "Weller parts" comes up with numerous valid hits.