Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Frank

Default Question about Weller AG700 soldering station

Hi all,

could somebody who owns, or has access to, a Weller AG700 hot air soldering
station please get in touch?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Frank

could somebody who owns, or has access to, a Weller AG700 hot air
soldering station please get in touch?

It's easier to post your question about it here, so someone may be able to
help even if they've heard about the problem or question, or if they have
any advice which may be helpful.

I know. I just did not want to clog the group with issues that only someone
can resolve who has access to said soldering station :-)

My question is how the LED in this soldering station behaves while the AG700
is heating up. In all Weller stations I have worked with so far, the LED
either
was always on, always off or blinking regularely, depending on whether the
station was currently heating up or not. The station I have in mind does not
show any such behavior. Instead, it flickers fast and irregularely all the
time, regardless
of whether the station was just switched on or has been on for an hour.
Moreover, I have the impression that the hot air isn't hot enough, I can
just
barely remove even the tinyest components in the 500 degrees setting.

I'm looking for someone who can check his one AG700 or have a quick look
in the manual to find out if this flickering is normal or not. I just bought
this
station, so I have no idea of whether it is always that way.

Thanks a lot

Frank

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gb

"Frank" wrote in message ...
[...]

I have seen this behavior with other Weller solder station products
(flicker) .. if you adjust the temperature control ever so slightly up and
down -- it sometimes stops this behavior. I have usually traced this to the
TRIAC and temperature sensor - I have one on the bench backlog that has this
(works okay - but not great) .. will first change iron, if same then look to
changeout TRIAC on control board.

gb

"Cold Heat" soldering tool question LenS Home Repair 15 January 3rd 05 04:44 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Soldering question....strain relief Borrall Wonnell Electronics Repair 5 October 22nd 04 12:23 PM
Soldering part two & tiling question. Mark S. UK diy 5 September 26th 03 12:20 PM