Posted to alt.home.repair

Default leaking sound

I am constantly hearing running water sound behind my bathroom wall
and the water meter is running. But all of the water appliance and
faucet are turned off and there is no visible water mark anywhere in
the house. Does anyone what can be a possible cause of this problem
and how should I fix it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"YZXIA" wrote in message
I am constantly hearing running water sound behind my bathroom wall
and the water meter is running. But all of the water appliance and
faucet are turned off and there is no visible water mark anywhere in
the house. Does anyone what can be a possible cause of this problem
and how should I fix it.

There are hundreds of possibilities. I'd check the toilet first though.
That is the easiest to check and often it will overflow in the tank or the
stopper goes bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 11:10*pm, YZXIA wrote:
I am constantly hearing running water sound behind my bathroom wall
and the water meter is running. But all of the water appliance and
faucet are turned off and there is no visible water mark anywhere in
the house. Does anyone what can be a possible cause of this problem
and how should I fix it.

Close the shutoffs for all toilets to see if the noise stops.

Check your outside spigots.

Our basement flooded when one of the kids opened an outside spigot in
January and nothing came out 'cuz it was frozen. He left it open and a
mid-winter warm spell allowed it to thaw out. It came on full blast
and since the ground was still frozen and covered in snow, the water
found a path under our back door and into the house.

Luckily my wife was running late that morning and was home when it
happened. Otherwise it would have been an all day event.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:07:47 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"YZXIA" wrote in message
I am constantly hearing running water sound behind my bathroom wall
and the water meter is running. But all of the water appliance and
faucet are turned off and there is no visible water mark anywhere in
the house. Does anyone what can be a possible cause of this problem
and how should I fix it.

There are hundreds of possibilities. I'd check the toilet first though.
That is the easiest to check and often it will overflow in the tank or the
stopper goes bad.

Look into the bowl. A leaky flapper; when you hear this noise, will
shimmer water in the bowl. Clean or replace the flapper, if needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"YZXIA" wrote in message
I am constantly hearing running water sound behind my bathroom wall
and the water meter is running. But all of the water appliance and
faucet are turned off and there is no visible water mark anywhere in
the house. Does anyone what can be a possible cause of this problem
and how should I fix it.

There are hundreds of possibilities. I'd check the toilet first though.
That is the easiest to check and often it will overflow in the tank or the
stopper goes bad.

Look into the bowl. A leaky flapper; when you hear this noise, will
shimmer water in the bowl. Clean or replace the flapper, if needed.

Can also put that blue stuff in the tank and see if it shows up in the
bowl.

Aspasia

Teac AG-V3020 amp, output problems. no sound, popping, faint phono sound neilc Electronics Repair 1 September 3rd 07 11:23 PM
Leaking rad Colin Wilson UK diy 4 May 1st 07 09:43 PM
No sound from TV & No sound menu (Aiwa TV model sx2150) [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 27th 06 05:44 AM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
No pictuer, Buzzing sound from tv Panasonic TX-24A1 (sound started for short period now constant) John Bond Electronics Repair 0 March 23rd 05 12:13 PM