Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What hole size for installing a sink faucet?

Hi,

My plumber is coming tomorrow morning and he is expecting me to have
prepaired the vanity top for a faucet installation. (It was a custom
top and doesn't have any holes in it for the plumbing.)

I have the faucet, and I drilled a 3/4" hole becuase that slightly
exceeded the diameter of the threads on the faucet. But then I
realized that the plumbing part of the faucet has a wider part.
Anyway, it's hard to explain, but the bottom line is that I don't know
what size holes to drill and how to determine it.

The included instructions assume that the holes are already there.

Is there such a thing as a standard hole size for the faucet's
plumbing?

My faucet is this:

http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/produ...inkLoc=catalog

Thanks!

Aaron Fude
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

My plumber is coming tomorrow morning and he is expecting me to have
prepaired the vanity top for a faucet installation. (It was a custom
top and doesn't have any holes in it for the plumbing.)

I have the faucet, and I drilled a 3/4" hole becuase that slightly
exceeded the diameter of the threads on the faucet. But then I
realized that the plumbing part of the faucet has a wider part.
Anyway, it's hard to explain, but the bottom line is that I don't know
what size holes to drill and how to determine it.

The included instructions assume that the holes are already there.

Is there such a thing as a standard hole size for the faucet's
plumbing?

My faucet is this:

http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/produ...inkLoc=catalog

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

If the included instructions do not include hole size measurements, you
bought a product from a manufacturer who was just kidding about being in the
faucet business. Made in China, maybe? The manufacturer's web site has
links to PDF files for installation & measurement. The latter file is one
blank page. The former link leads to a broken web page containing nothing.

Here's the web page, in case you want to be nauseated by the non-existent
help they're providing:
http://www.kingstonbrass.com/proddetail.asp?ProdID=7016

You got boned. Return the thing and reschedule the plumber. A manufacturer
like that doesn't deserve anyone's money. Get yourself a Moen faucet. Here's
what a spec sheet is supposed to look like:

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/T944sp.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

He may have got boned out of some dumass instructions, but HELL all you have
to do is look a the bottom of the dam thing , measure and drill and hone
away. It's not rocket science.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
news

You got boned. Return the thing and reschedule the plumber. A manufacturer
like that doesn't deserve anyone's money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Which size should I measure if there are two
different diameters and I'm not quite sure how the faucet "sits".

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Which size should I measure if there are two
different diameters and I'm not quite sure how the faucet "sits".

Thanks,

Aaron

Use a piece of corrugated cardboard "surrogate countertop" to experiment.
Got calipers for measuring outside diameter of the parts that protrude
through the counter? Like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T7S8

If not, use tweezers, compass, scissors or BBQ tongs as makeshift measuring
devices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Which size should I measure if there are
two different diameters and I'm not quite sure how the faucet
"sits".

Big enough to stick it through, small enough so nut/washer can secure
it and so the upper flange (base) will cover it.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 18, 9:34 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
If the included instructions do not include hole size measurements, you
bought a product from a manufacturer who was just kidding about being in the
faucet business.

Heh. "FSO", faucet-shaped object.
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to JoeSpareBedroom, Uselessinstructions wrote:
Ya mean like the Moen faucet I just purchased that does not address anywhere
what size the hole should be? THAT Moen faucet?? 😝

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-294664-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 5:14:07 PM UTC-5, Uselessinstructions wrote:
replying to JoeSpareBedroom, Uselessinstructions wrote:

Should I?.........