Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default What hole size for installing a sink faucet?

Hi,

My plumber is coming tomorrow morning and he is expecting me to have
prepaired the vanity top for a faucet installation. (It was a custom
top and doesn't have any holes in it for the plumbing.)

I have the faucet, and I drilled a 3/4" hole becuase that slightly
exceeded the diameter of the threads on the faucet. But then I
realized that the plumbing part of the faucet has a wider part.
Anyway, it's hard to explain, but the bottom line is that I don't know
what size holes to drill and how to determine it.

The included instructions assume that the holes are already there.

Is there such a thing as a standard hole size for the faucet's
plumbing?

My faucet is this:

http://www.fixtureuniverse.com/produ...inkLoc=catalog

Thanks!