Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions on Gatehouse Estates Door Hardware at Lowe's

I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this
Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They are
certainly heavy, very heavy. Prices are comparable to Kwikset and Schlage.
I cannot find any information about this brand using Google. Anyone have any
knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks.
--Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Greg Kroll" wrote in message
I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this
Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They
are certainly heavy, very heavy. Prices are comparable to Kwikset and
Schlage. I cannot find any information about this brand using Google.
Anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks.
--Greg

No experience, but my initial reaction would be that one day, I might need
to get a duplicate key from another store, and if Gatehouse Estates uses an
odd blank of some kind, another store might not have that blank. Did you
read the fine print?

A google search for "gatehouse estates hardware" turns up just one retailer
in the first two pages of results. Guess who?

I'd stick with Kwikset or Schlage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 6, 10:23*am, "Greg Kroll" wrote:
I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this
Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They are
certainly heavy, very heavy. *Prices are comparable to Kwikset and Schlage.
I cannot find any information about this brand using Google. Anyone have any
knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks.
--Greg

Get a brass finish lockset with the new plating process that is
guarnteed for life not to tarnish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spam from homeowners hub, what a surprise!!!!!

And the idiot spammer stutters. Not a surprise. Only the brain damaged
use homeowners hub.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Greg Kroll, upsetengineer wrote:
Forget about looks and appearance, when this poor (designed/built?) lock fails
it will not let you out of your house unless you have good lighting and a
crowbar and strength to pry the door open, we were trapped for several hours
(no emergency or fire) and the door couldn't be opened. Their design should
be outlawed. You are going to need to use the "limited lifetime warranty" if
you are still alive.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-s-292602-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 02:44:01 +0000, upsetengineer wrote:

replying to Greg Kroll, upsetengineer wrote:
Forget about looks and appearance, when this poor (designed/built?) lock
fails it will not let you out of your house unless you have good
lighting and a crowbar and strength to pry the door open, we were
trapped for several hours (no emergency or fire) and the door couldn't
be opened. Their design should be outlawed. You are going to need to
use the "limited lifetime warranty" if you are still alive.

Hey, upsetengineer. Do you think Greg Kroll has been locked in his house,
unable to flee, for the *EIGHT YEARS* since he made that post?

Read the DATES, Home Moaners Users...
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Sam Hill, John wrote:
lmao !

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-s-292602-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Greg Kroll, Laurence Grayhills wrote:
I had an internal part fail...have been trying to contact the company
(repeatedly) to no avail. Horrible customer service!!

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-s-292602-.htm