Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions on Gatehouse Estates Door Hardware at Lowe's

"Greg Kroll" wrote in message
I was in Lowe's yesterday looking at entry locksets. Lowe's has this
Gatehouse Estates brand that says they are 100% solid forged brass. They
are certainly heavy, very heavy. Prices are comparable to Kwikset and
Schlage. I cannot find any information about this brand using Google.
Anyone have any knowledge or personal experience with this brand? Thanks.
--Greg

No experience, but my initial reaction would be that one day, I might need
to get a duplicate key from another store, and if Gatehouse Estates uses an
odd blank of some kind, another store might not have that blank. Did you
read the fine print?

A google search for "gatehouse estates hardware" turns up just one retailer
in the first two pages of results. Guess who?

I'd stick with Kwikset or Schlage.