Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cant remove key from the lock ive just fitted

hi all

ive just fitted a lock to my front door however when i assemble the
barrel to the chassis (via the revolving round pin thingy) I cant pull
the key out.

if i pull the key out, i cant assemble the lock as the revolving pin
wont twist into place. I wonder if someone can explain, as im sure its a
very trivial thing....

help appreciated! thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 20, 3:30*am, Mick wrote:
hi all

ive just fitted a lock to my front door however when i assemble the
barrel to the chassis (via the revolving round pin thingy) I cant pull
the key out.

if i pull the key out, i cant assemble the lock as the revolving pin
wont twist into place. I wonder if someone can explain, as im sure its a
very trivial thing....

help appreciated! thanks

You've got part of the assembly upside down somehow. Done it myself
years past. If it seems hopeless, it just might be a faulty lock.
Return it for a new one. And you did really, really, double check the
instructions, didn't you?

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:30:51 +1100, Mick wrote:

hi all

ive just fitted a lock to my front door however when i assemble the
barrel to the chassis (via the revolving round pin thingy) I cant pull
the key out.

Right at the key entry, push the small barrel in/hold there, and
remove the key outward. Back off the lockset screws a few turns and
try again.

if i pull the key out, i cant assemble the lock as the revolving pin
wont twist into place. I wonder if someone can explain, as im sure its a
very trivial thing....

Yep, look at this lockset longer Keep a note pad by the bed, it will
come too you.

help appreciated! thanks

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 2:58 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Don't you wish you'd supplied some more information, like brand and model of
the lock?

Try the MIT Guide http://www.lysator.liu.se/mit-guide/mit-guide.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:58:41 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

You twist it to the left, and push.

Don't you wish you'd supplied some more information, like brand and model of
the lock?

Ya mean like; "(via the revolving round pin thingy)" ?

I'm thinking latch bolt.

--
Oren
Posted to alt.home.repair

You have something out of time.

Without specific information such as brand name and type of lock, The best
thing for you to do is to remove the lock, go to your local locksmith and
explain your difficulty.

He should be able to show you how to assemble the lock properly. Advise
like this is usually free.

Generally speaking, if you are installing a dead bolt, if you install the
bolt in the extended position, this usually prevents you from getting the
lock out of time.

Good luck,

--

Roger Shoaf