Posted to alt.home.repair

Default whirlpool duet ht (ghw9400pl0) spin cycle very slooooow

My duet washer just started acting up by spinning very slow. I found
a note on how to make it go into the diagnostic cycle and was able to
force a spin cycle, but it appeared normal. Why would it spin slowly
during a normal cycle, but regular spin speed during a test cycle? Is
this a common problem? Is this model easy to work on for replacing
parts, etc...?

-Inet

Posted to alt.home.repair

inetquestion wrote in
:

My duet washer just started acting up by spinning very slow. I found
a note on how to make it go into the diagnostic cycle and was able to
force a spin cycle, but it appeared normal. Why would it spin slowly
during a normal cycle, but regular spin speed during a test cycle? Is
this a common problem? Is this model easy to work on for replacing
parts, etc...?

-Inet

Here is the parts diagram and owners manual for the model.

http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/prod...iteCd=WH RCOM

For the tech sheet go to alt.binaries.test and look for the subject:
TechSheet208182277.pdf - 1 attachment

Diagnostic info plus wiring info. See if the way you got into diag mode
is the same as on the tech sheet. Maybe more info. May or may not be
helpful. I took a quick gander at it. It appears you have a diagnostic
display. There are some codes and what they mean.

If you find a different tech sheet when you open it up, use that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the tech note!

After coming home this evening I decided to break the washer apart.
After scooting it around to get to the back of it I decided to have a
look at the belt with the unit attempting to go into the spin cycle.
At this point I had already unplugged it, so it had to be plugged in
again. To my surprise it worked without any issues. Thinking this
must be due to an empty tub I dumped a load of towel in and let it
fill up with water before skipping to spin. Once again it worked
flawlessly. Then I remembered a few months ago I had a weird problem
where the lights on the front were on but none of the buttons did
anything when pressing them. I unplugged/plugged the unit and it
worked. Had I remembered this I might have saved myself a little time
and anguish from thinking it was busted overnight. Are these things
locking up or getting in a weird state a common occurrence? Does this
type thing get worse with age?

On a slightly different note, I couldn't help but cracking the control
unit box open to see what was inside and if there were any obvious
burned places on the board. No obvious stress marks, but I did see a
Motorola HC68000 processor. wow....that must be a beast to program
all that logic onto one of these. I guess the price of them is cheap
(in bulk) relative to a few engineers time.

-Inet