Posted to alt.home.repair
inetquestion inetquestion is offline

Default whirlpool duet ht (ghw9400pl0) spin cycle very slooooow

Thanks for the tech note!

After coming home this evening I decided to break the washer apart.
After scooting it around to get to the back of it I decided to have a
look at the belt with the unit attempting to go into the spin cycle.
At this point I had already unplugged it, so it had to be plugged in
again. To my surprise it worked without any issues. Thinking this
must be due to an empty tub I dumped a load of towel in and let it
fill up with water before skipping to spin. Once again it worked
flawlessly. Then I remembered a few months ago I had a weird problem
where the lights on the front were on but none of the buttons did
anything when pressing them. I unplugged/plugged the unit and it
worked. Had I remembered this I might have saved myself a little time
and anguish from thinking it was busted overnight. Are these things
locking up or getting in a weird state a common occurrence? Does this
type thing get worse with age?

On a slightly different note, I couldn't help but cracking the control
unit box open to see what was inside and if there were any obvious
burned places on the board. No obvious stress marks, but I did see a
Motorola HC68000 processor. wow....that must be a beast to program
all that logic onto one of these. I guess the price of them is cheap
(in bulk) relative to a few engineers time.

-Inet