Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardie Board Siding questions...

I am replacing the siding on my house with planked Hardie....when they
take off the old siding what should they do BEFORE putting up new
Hardie.....house is almost twenty years old....should they remove any
installation and or paper such as tyback or what and what should they
put in between the studs before the new Hardie goes
up..........someone said...foam board.....then was told NO because I
am in Houston,TX area....HELP...

Also, other questions..
....can the man made marble look alike around the sides of my tub be
cut...........could I remove the man made marble and have "tile" put
up the sides of the tub up from the floor to the bottom ledge of the
tub....this is not fiberglass ...it may be called cultured
marble.......could a hole be cut in the vanity of the same material
and then a sink put in............
......can the backsplash be replaced in the kitchen without
compromising the countertop with is laminate....
....what is the best way to block heat from coming in an old brick
house...........is there anyway to "shoot" stuff between the studs to
decrease heat coming in..........

james hardie siding steve Home Repair 2 October 20th 06 10:46 PM
Hardie Cement Pre-Painted House Siding: How Are Nail Heads Handled ? Robert11 Home Repair 9 August 7th 06 12:48 AM
James Hardie Fiber/Cement Siding: Opinion On ? Robert11 Home Repair 1 August 5th 06 02:45 PM
Fiber Cement Siding (hardie) Questions [email protected] Home Repair 13 April 13th 06 02:06 PM
hardie-board siding -cutting, and other lessons learned [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 26th 06 03:34 AM