Posted to alt.home.repair

Default james hardie siding

can anyone tell me the aprox cost per panel to install the 4 x 8 sheets of
hardie cement siding? just the labor not the material?
please reply to my email thank you,

sr

Posted to alt.home.repair

steve wrote:
can anyone tell me the aprox cost per panel to install the 4 x 8 sheets of
hardie cement siding? just the labor not the material?
please reply to my email thank you,

A). I'd prefer to answer here as newsgroups work much better if
they're open forums where the questions and answers can be searched by
people following in your footsteps.

B). Labor costs vary trememdously from place to place.

C). The HardiPanel is just about the least expensive siding available
and it goes up very quickly. The devil is in the details with the
stuff so you have to pay attention to sealing the ends, determining
where to break the panels, caulking, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
steve wrote:

can anyone tell me the aprox cost per panel to install the 4 x 8 sheets of
hardie cement siding? just the labor not the material?
please reply to my email thank you,

A). I'd prefer to answer here as newsgroups work much better if
they're open forums where the questions and answers can be searched by
people following in your footsteps.

B). Labor costs vary trememdously from place to place.

C). The HardiPanel is just about the least expensive siding available
and it goes up very quickly. The devil is in the details with the
stuff so you have to pay attention to sealing the ends, determining
where to break the panels, caulking, etc.

And, how high do you have to go?? Price of install escalates as the
installers work above round level. Panels are HEAVY.