Posted to alt.home.repair

Default joints in sheetrock

You can fill it with a setting type compaound like durarock.

wrote in message
My sheetrock is up, but the panels aren't all perfectly flush against
one another. In most cases where there is a gap it's 1/16 - 1/8, but
there are a couple seams that are up to 1/4 inch. What is the best
method to attack these when taping and mudding? Should I cut thin
strips of sheetrock and fit them in before taping, or will the taping
itself be sufficient to cover the seam? Any particular suggestions?
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article sldlj.5386$Yl.2150@trnddc01, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
You can fill it with a setting type compaound like durarock.

You probably mean DuraBond -- but that's a mistake, too. Setting-type
compound, sure, but one that can be sanded such as EasySand.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 21, 10:36 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article sldlj.5386$Yl.2150@trnddc01, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:
You can fill it with a setting type compaound like durarock.

You probably mean DuraBond -- but that's a mistake, too. Setting-type
compound, sure, but one that can be sanded such as EasySand.

Durabond is tailor-made for the OP's situation. It's stronger than
regular joint compound or EasySand, so if he has any concerns due to
the joint gaps Durabond is an excellent way to go. The only caveat is
to make sure that the Durabond coat(s) are smooth and not overfilled -
leave room for the easier-to-sand finish coat(s).