Meleah Foreman

Default Sheetrock

I have hired 3 men to do sheetrocking in my home. They could only work today
and charge by the hour. I have three rooms that need to be done (each
approximately 13 x 20). Approximately how long would it take to do these
rooms? They are perfectly square, no odd cuts.

Thanks!! Meleah

MrAoD

"Meleah Foreman" writes:

I have hired 3 men to do sheetrocking in my home. They could only work today
and charge by the hour. I have three rooms that need to be done (each
approximately 13 x 20). Approximately how long would it take to do these
rooms? They are perfectly square, no odd cuts.

There's no such thing as a perfectly square room, trust me. Plus you need to
figure in door and window openings which require extra time.

3 guys who know what they're doing, assuming no ceiling work and bare studs on
the wall (and no oddball framing) should be able to do an 8ft high 20 foot wall
in about 1-2 hours depending on existing openings. I'd say a room a day
without taping and mudding.

Best,

Marc, who's only moderately skilled at drywalling and would take a week/room
without help.

*CBHVAC*

"MrAoD" wrote in message
"Meleah Foreman" writes:

I have hired 3 men to do sheetrocking in my home. They could only work

today
and charge by the hour. I have three rooms that need to be done (each
approximately 13 x 20). Approximately how long would it take to do these
rooms? They are perfectly square, no odd cuts.

There's no such thing as a perfectly square room, trust me. Plus you need

figure in door and window openings which require extra time.

3 guys who know what they're doing, assuming no ceiling work and bare

studs on
the wall (and no oddball framing) should be able to do an 8ft high 20 foot

wall
in about 1-2 hours depending on existing openings. I'd say a room a day
without taping and mudding.

I would hope faster than a day...we have crews of 3 that can do new
contstruction jobs on entire homes in a day....with a first coat of mud on
it...

Best,

Marc, who's only moderately skilled at drywalling and would take a

week/room
without help.

davefr

It totally depends on the crew. If this is an "top notch" crew they
be throwing up 12' sheets every few minutes with the third member
driving screws every couple seconds. I'd be surprised if any one room
takes more than an hour.

Make sure you supply them with lots of sheetrock. The "pros" waist
lots of sheetrock in order to avoid time consuming cutting and tapping
work.

It'll be worth the price just to watch them work. Just stay out of
there way or you might end up being trapped inside a wall!!

"Meleah Foreman" wrote in message ...
I have hired 3 men to do sheetrocking in my home. They could only work today
and charge by the hour. I have three rooms that need to be done (each
approximately 13 x 20). Approximately how long would it take to do these
rooms? They are perfectly square, no odd cuts.

Thanks!! Meleah

From what I have learned from 3 brothers in the drywall trade at one time or
another. Drywall is usually bid by the square foot. There are so many
variable in hanging rock, for example is the drywall already stocked in the
room, are they internal walls where they can be glued and screwed or outside
walls where they have to be screwed every foot along the wall stud. Do the
rockers have to do the ceiling, how tall. Is it posible to get a couple
bids to give you a ballpark? Best of Luck.

Mike J.