Posted to alt.home.repair

Default juno ic22 recessed lights

I have a few juno ic22 recessed light's in the first floor of my home.
I can feel cold air coming down throght them all. The ceiling is
tile, I have read that you can insulate around the light (insulate can
contact the light) if they are IC lights, but was not sure if the IC
had to be a certain number. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on
how I could insulate these light's with out taking down any tiles from
the ceiling?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have a few juno ic22 recessed light's in the first floor of my home.
I can feel cold air coming down throght them all. The ceiling is
tile, I have read that you can insulate around the light (insulate can
contact the light) if they are IC lights, but was not sure if the IC
had to be a certain number. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on
how I could insulate these light's with out taking down any tiles from
the ceiling?

I am not familiar with the Juno line, but generally speaking it is usually
possible to remove the center can enough on a recessed light to gain access
to the electrical wiring connections on the fixture. A remodel housing would
have some clips around the perimeter of the cans edge that are holding the
can to the ceiling. A new construction housing usually has 3 or 4 screws
around the perimeter that can be loosened or removed. Once the can is down
you should be able to push pieces of insulation up through the opening and
then reinstall the can.

recessed lights cc Home Repair 4 January 6th 07 11:24 PM
Recessed Lights to Pendant Lights Jim Jacobs Home Repair 3 April 15th 06 10:18 PM
Recessed Lights Dave Combs Home Repair 6 March 23rd 06 07:22 PM
Dimmer For LV Recessed Lights Dean Home Repair 3 August 4th 05 04:41 PM
Recessed Lights a12vman Home Repair 3 March 25th 05 10:29 PM