Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jacobs

Default Recessed Lights to Pendant Lights

I have 2 recessed lights above our bar area and want to replace them with
hanging pendent lights. Is there a way to do this without ripping out the
entire canned light, put in a box and doing some dry wall work? Is there
some kind of a kit available to make this job easier? Any advice or
guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:03:38 GMT, "Jim Jacobs"
wrote:

I have 2 recessed lights above our bar area and want to replace them with
hanging pendent lights. Is there a way to do this without ripping out the
entire canned light, put in a box and doing some dry wall work? Is there
some kind of a kit available to make this job easier? Any advice or
guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Jim

A quick google search turned up a company that sells recessed lights
to pendant lights conversion kits. http://www.urlbee.com?2572

hth,

tom @ www.workathomeplans.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Tom's thing is interesting, other than that you could remove the can,
install a box and cover it with a small medallion

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have 2 recessed lights above our bar area and want to replace them with
hanging pendent lights. Is there a way to do this without ripping out the
entire canned light, put in a box and doing some dry wall work? Is there
some kind of a kit available to make this job easier? Any advice or
guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Grabowski

"Jim Jacobs" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have 2 recessed lights above our bar area and want to replace them with
hanging pendent lights. Is there a way to do this without ripping out the
entire canned light, put in a box and doing some dry wall work? Is there
some kind of a kit available to make this job easier? Any advice or
guidance from the group would be appreciated.

Jim

Halo makes a Power-Trac Adapter Trim (#477) for their H7, H27, and H44T
recessed lights. You could then get one of Halo's pendant lights for their
Power-Trac and just plug it in.