Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dish tv question- timer/programmerfor basic tuner?

I see on the basic tuner set top that there is no programability timer
function. Is anyone aware of a hendheld remote control that will take the
place of the timer/programability aspect to allow one to use a vcr (what's
that?) or dvdr for recording multiiple shows/events? As it stands (from
what I understand) you currently have the ability to set the tuner to one
channel, leave it on and then set the recording device to a start/ stop
record time. Thoughts? Thanks Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 4:24�pm, "patrick mitchel" wrote:
I see on the basic tuner set top that there is no programability timer
function. Is anyone aware of a hendheld remote control that will take the
place of the timer/programability aspect to allow one to use a vcr (what's
that?) or dvdr �for recording multiiple shows/events? As it stands (from
what I understand) you currently have the ability to set the tuner to one
channel, leave it on and then set the recording device to a start/ stop
record time. Thoughts? Thanks Pat

which dish box model are you taking about?

nearly all allow you to VCR record...........

box changes channel automatically, and tells VCR to record.

although you REALLY should get a DVR like a 522 or 625.

it will change how yyou watch tv forever, record or watch 2 shows at
the same time zip thru commercials and ends messing with tapes
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Jan 19, 4:24?pm, "patrick mitchel" wrote:
I see on the basic tuner set top that there is no programability timer
function. Is anyone aware of a hendheld remote control that will take the
place of the timer/programability aspect to allow one to use a vcr (what's
that?) or dvdr ?for recording multiiple shows/events? As it stands (from
what I understand) you currently have the ability to set the tuner to one
channel, leave it on and then set the recording device to a start/ stop
record time. Thoughts? Thanks Pat

which dish box model are you taking about?

nearly all allow you to VCR record...........

box changes channel automatically, and tells VCR to record.

although you REALLY should get a DVR like a 522 or 625.

it will change how yyou watch tv forever, record or watch 2 shows at
the same time zip thru commercials and ends messing with tapes
Hello; It's the dish 311 receiver. Don't see on the online brochure where
it says anything about timer/event progammability. Regards Pat

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 7:42Â*pm, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 19, 4:24�pm, "patrick mitchel" wrote:
I see on the basic tuner set top that there is no programability timer
function. Is anyone aware of a hendheld remote control that will take the
place of the timer/programability aspect to allow one to use a vcr (what's
that?) or dvdr �for recording multiiple shows/events? As it stands (from
what I understand) you currently have the ability to set the tuner to one
channel, leave it on and then set the recording device to a start/ stop
record time. Thoughts? Thanks Pat

which dish box model are you taking about?

nearly all allow you to VCR record...........

box changes channel automatically, and tells VCR to record.

although you REALLY should get a DVR like a 522 or 625.

it will change how yyou watch tv forever, record or watch 2 shows at
the same time zip thru commercials and ends messing with tapes

Yeah, yeah, it would be nice. But I'll be damned if I'll pay extra
every month for something that doesn't cost them any extra to provide.
I'll happily pay the difference in the actual cost of the receiver,
which should be about 50 bucks, based on how cheap hard drives are now.
(I actually have a 522 sitting in corner that I bought at Goodwill for
ten bucks, to extract the 120gb hard drive from, but haven't had the
heart to kill it yet.)

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

the DVR fee is 5 bucks a month, try it for a couple months then tell
me its not woorth the money, or buy a 501, 508, or 721 that has no DVR
fee