Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Baseboard clunk

Ok, so first time in my life I'm a homeowner, and also first time I have
baseboard heat. The problem is the noise that the baseboard makes when
the thermostat turns the heat off.

The noise is like a big bang or clunk. And when more than one heaters do
it same time, it can scare you. Not to mention the neighbors. Not all
heaters do it though. And it doesn't happen every time.

This seemed to come up every once in a while, but still I couldn't find
any answers with Google that seemed to apply to this case. I live in a
condo, and I don't have my own boiler, so that limits some things that
I can do or check.

Here's a sound file too, that I recorded, maybe that will help:
http://mikkopel.dyndns.org:1000/misc/clunk.mp3

How do I stop the sounds? Thanks!