Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears air compressor wont meet the top pressure.

I have an older small sears craftsman air compressor. When I turn the
unit on it will reach 60 psi. It will not go above 60 psi and
continues to run. The tank holds the 60 psi after I manually turn it
off. Is this something I can fix?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have an older small sears craftsman air compressor. When I turn the
unit on it will reach 60 psi. It will not go above 60 psi and
continues to run. The tank holds the 60 psi after I manually turn it
off. Is this something I can fix?

May have to rebuild it. God chance the piston/rings are worn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 3:07*pm, wrote:
I have an older small sears craftsman air compressor. When I turn the
unit on it will reach 60 psi. It will not go above 60 psi and
continues to run. The tank holds the 60 psi after I manually turn it
off. Is this something I can fix?

Edwin makes a good point. The other thing I would check is the relief
valve. Make sure it isn't relieving at 60 PSIG and you are not
hearing it when the compressor is running.

Question about Sears 1HP compressor [email protected] Woodworking 3 September 23rd 06 09:57 AM
Sears Whirlpool Compressor Died - or did it? DK Home Repair 0 June 14th 06 11:33 PM
old SEARS air compressor info j.b. miller Metalworking 9 November 10th 03 06:16 PM
Old Sears Air Compressor - Help Please jim Metalworking 9 August 15th 03 09:16 AM
Sears air compressor starting problem Barry Criner Woodworking 0 July 13th 03 09:39 PM