Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sticky windows

I have a 17 year old cedar log home with Andersen windows. I like to
lower the top section of one of the windows to access a bird feeder.
This section is getting quite sticky and hard to lower and raise. I
tried putting some wax on the sliding surfaces which does help somewhat.
Is there anything else I can do?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 1:38*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have a 17 year old cedar log home with Andersen windows. *I like to
lower the top section of one of the windows to access a bird feeder.
This section is getting quite sticky and hard to lower and raise. *I
tried putting some wax on the sliding surfaces which does help somewhat.
Is there anything else I can do?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

I empathise with Art. - I had a patio window that was "victim" to my
house settling. It WOULD NOT BUDGE! I chose to measure the frame
bordering it as I found that the entire bordering wall had sunken and
the window slats had buckled, causing the window to become immovable.
I ended up doing a little "creative sanding" with my disk sander (I
ended up shaving off almost 1/2 inch!) and it fit!
GOOD LUCK!
~Charles in Texas

Sticky Adhesive? MMS Home Repair 6 July 23rd 07 08:59 AM
Sticky thermostat? Gary Fritz Home Repair 15 February 4th 06 06:06 PM
Are Storm Windows a reasonable approach for newish vinyl windows? patrick conroy Home Repair 6 October 31st 05 12:11 AM
Help - Sticky Floor single mum UK diy 9 August 29th 05 11:54 PM
Sticky TRV Tom Robinson UK diy 2 December 18th 04 08:33 PM