Junior Member

Question Help - Sticky Floor

Today I decided to pull up Lino in Bathroom before painting the Skirting Board. I have now been left with a sticky floor. (stick to it if I try and walk on it).

What do I need to use or do to get rid of the sticky floor.

I know what you're all thinking - Hopeless female doing DIY - gets it wrong!!!!

Please take pity on me and offer some sensible (practical) advice.

Will eventually be putting down new Lino or laminate
Colin Wilson

What do I need to use or do to get rid of the sticky floor.

Talc ?

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Rick

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:17:23 +0100, single mum
wrote:

Today I decided to pull up Lino in Bathroom before painting the Skirting
Board. I have now been left with a sticky floor. (stick to it if I try
and walk on it).

What do I need to use or do to get rid of the sticky floor.

I know what you're all thinking - Hopeless female doing DIY - gets it
wrong!!!!

Please take pity on me and offer some sensible (practical) advice.

Will eventually be putting down new Lino or laminate

You have 2 choices

1) remove the glue - a lot of hard work

2) stick something to the glue, talc, dust, newspaper whatever takes
your fancy.

Michael Mcneil

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

Why ask me? I'm not the OP.

I was addressing the last person I was addressing.

Do try not to take things so personally on usenet and you may do well.

In article . com,
says...

Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,

says...

raden

In message , Rob Morley
writes
In article lgate.org,
says...
"Rob Morley" wrote in message

Why ask me? I'm not the OP.

I was addressing the last person I was addressing.

Do try not to take things so personally on usenet and you may do well.

****.

I often post to the OP by replying to someone else's answer

I just can't be buggered to wind back

Lighten up

--
geoff
Mark

single mum wrote in message

Today I decided to pull up Lino in Bathroom before painting the Skirting
Board. I have now been left with a sticky floor. (stick to it if I try
and walk on it).

What do I need to use or do to get rid of the sticky floor.

I know what you're all thinking - Hopeless female doing DIY - gets it
wrong!!!!

Please take pity on me and offer some sensible (practical) advice.

Will eventually be putting down new Lino or laminate

Well if you intend fitting laminate later , put down some laminate underlay
now.
You wont then have to ask how to stick that down.

-