Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stapler/nailer recommendations/quesions

I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money. Any view to the contrary.
- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nospamplse" wrote in message
. ..
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money.

True

Any view to the contrary.

Nope

- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?

Amy of the major brads will work well for a long time, People seem to have
favorites, but I'd look for a nail gun compressor combo for a good deal.
Porter Cable and bostitch both offer them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"nospamplse" wrote in message
. ..
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money.

True

Any view to the contrary.

Nope

- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?

Amy of the major brads will work well for a long time, People seem to have
favorites, but I'd look for a nail gun compressor combo for a good deal.
Porter Cable and bostitch both offer them.

Thanks. Presently have a compressor so will look at Porter Cable and
Bostitch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 11, 4:13*pm, nospamplse
wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"nospamplse" wrote in message
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money.

True

Any view to the contrary.

Nope

- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?

Amy of the major brads will work well for a long time, *People seem to have
favorites, but I'd look for a nail gun compressor combo for a good deal.
Porter Cable and bostitch both offer them.

Thanks. *Presently have a compressor so will look at Porter Cable and
Bostitch.- Hide quoted text -

I sort of old fashioned. I have an Arrow, T-50 Heavy duty with Brad
Nail option.

This i found to be pretty tough and reliable. Have been using it for
about two years now.

All the best, Mike.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nospamplse" "dryearwood(nospamplse) wrote:
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around
the house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money. Any view to the
contrary. - Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from
basis first hand experience?
Thanks in advance.

You can get started with a brad/staple nailer from Harbor Freight for $20.
Swell for light duty jobs such as molding and baseboards.

I've got a small construction project pending (a shed), so I stepped up to
their framing nailer. 3 1/2 nail into a 4x4 is impressive.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

I am using the small stapler/nailer combo from sears, and am very happy with
it. lightweight 1 gal compressor (quiet too) that has enough to run my PC
finish nailer. About $150.
"nospamplse" wrote in message
. ..
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money. Any view to the
contrary.
- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TH" wrote in message
I am using the small stapler/nailer combo from sears, and am very happy
with it. lightweight 1 gal compressor (quiet too) that has enough to run my
PC finish nailer. About $150.
"nospamplse" wrote in message
. ..
I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the
house:
- There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are
best and that the electric are a waste of money. Any view to the
contrary.
- Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first
hand experience?
Thanks in advance.

I have been wanting one for a long time. I actually developed the need for
one, doing a remodel, and me doing the doors, casings, and baseboards.

I went to the local pawn shop, and they had a like new Porter Cable 1" to 2
1/2" finish nailgun. I got it for $75, and the same thing is $179 at the
Borg. After one day using it, I'm sold. I am going to build lots of things
I have been putting off because of lack of tools. I now have a table saw,
compound miter, and this nailer. A jointer planer is about all I could want
to finish it out and build things RIGHT.

They're like any other tool. Once you get it, you will find work for it.
They sure help do the work faster and better. No split molding, no
predrilling, no nail setting. I love it.

Steve