Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair, alt.building.construction, sci.electronics.repair

Default thermostat setting

My thermostat runs my furnace about once every hour when it is 20
degrees and I am thinking about adjusting the swing on the thermostat
to a lower number so that the system keeps a more consistent temp. Is
this going to cost me more in gas. The swing will allow the system
(set at 62 for heat) to come on at 61 and run it up to 63. So the
swing is 3 degrees. I figure I might go to 2 or one to cycle the
system more and be more consistent temp. Any thoughts?