Bill Gill

Default Thermostat setting?

I just got a new furnace, and looked at the instructions
for my Honeywell programmable thermostat. I found that
the settings are different for my new furnace which is a
92% AFUE unit. The instructions tell how to set some
dip switches on the back of the unit for high efficiency
and lower efficiency furnaces. I got this set up ok
according the manual and everything seems to be working
ok.

I was wondering what the difference is between the
settings. Does any body know? It doesn't say in the
manual what the difference is. Not a big important
deal, but I was just curious.

Thanks,
Bill Gill
Bill Gill

Stormy Weather wrote:
The dip switches control cycle timing of the heater.
Modern time heat anticipator used to shut down the system early to prevent
overheating the area.

Could you amplify that a little? I'm not sure just what
you are trying to say.

Thanks for the answer in any case.

Bill Gill

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
replaced thermostat - Em/AUX heat always on Giles Harney Home Ownership 1 December 22nd 04 08:42 PM
Water heater thermostat "vacation" setting question pe Home Repair 5 December 13th 04 06:13 PM
boiler thermostat setting andyd UK diy 7 October 20th 04 05:57 PM
replaced thermostat, EM/Aux always on. Giles Harney Home Ownership 0 January 19th 04 08:40 PM