Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default thermostat setting

"Glenn" wrote in message
I like even heat and cooling. I have an up to date thermostat that can be
set to 0.2 of a degree. The heat comes on often that way but I waste not
one BTU of heat because I run the fan 24/7. Having it set that way with
auto fan will waste some heat because the plenum has to pre-heat before the
blower comes on. Not a lot of waste but some.

What you need is the newer varitable speed fans. They come on when the heat
comes on and run at a slow speed. As you heat up, the fan speeds up.