Posted to alt.home.repair

Default washing machine question

question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 4:43*pm, nucleus wrote:
question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?

let me be more clear, is the basket supposed to spin throughout the
drain cycle?
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 1/3/2008 5:46 PM nucleus said the following:
On Jan 3, 4:43 pm, nucleus wrote:

question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?

let me be more clear, is the basket supposed to spin throughout the
drain cycle?

No. The bulk of the water drains while the basket is stopped. The basket
then spins to get most of the water out of the clothes.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

"nucleus" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 4:43 pm, nucleus wrote:
question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?
let me be more clear, is the basket supposed to spin throughout the
drain cycle?

According to the Whirlpool (Kenmore) factory manual, they all drain, THEN
spin to remove the last of the water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks guys, i had been led to believe (by an appliance parts place)
that the design
on the '99 kenmore transmission was such that when the motor reverses
(from the
wash cycle or the rinse cycle), both the drain and spin are initiated
at the same time,
then when the drain cycle completes, it stops and calls only for the
spin cycle.

the reason i ask this question, is because an acquaintance has a '99
kenmore
washer that is trying to spin during the entire drain cycle.

do you think there is something wrong with the transmission (kenmore
calls it the
gearcase)?

On Jan 3, 5:03*pm, "SRN" wrote:
"nucleus" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 4:43 pm, nucleus wrote:

question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?
let me be more clear, is the basket supposed to spin throughout the
drain cycle?

According to the Whirlpool (Kenmore) factory manual, they all drain, THEN
spin to remove the last of the water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 5:43 pm, nucleus wrote:
question regarding design of 1999 kenmore washing machine:

when each of the two drain cycles is initiated, is the basket supposed
to spin?

Dunno, but my Maytag of last year does it too, and always has.
-----

- gpsman

Washing machine question Pete L UK diy 32 July 10th 07 10:41 PM
washing machine question. soup UK diy 14 March 25th 07 04:20 PM
washing machine question [email protected] UK diy 3 August 19th 06 06:18 PM
Washing machine question Redlocks Home Repair 5 April 13th 05 07:35 PM
GE washing machine question H. R. Bob Hofmann Electronics Repair 17 October 4th 04 06:56 AM