Posted to alt.home.repair, misc.rural, alt.energy.renewable, hfx.general

Default VistaFlame Pellet stoves

Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.renewable,hfx.general
Ann Ann is offline

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:42:34 -0800, gary_unix wrote:

Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

Don't have one, but several years ago, when there were more sold than
anticipated, there was a pellet shortage. Price about doubled -- if
people could get them at all. Now, with the price of fuel up, how far one
is from a pellet producer matters even more. .

On Jan 2, 4:42 pm, wrote:
Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

i chose a woodstove. dirtier, more work but the fuel is still
reasonably plentiful and when the power goes out, i still have heat.

On Jan 2, 4:42 pm, wrote:
Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

i chose a woodstove. dirtier, more work but the fuel is still
reasonably plentiful and when the power goes out, i still have heat.

don't have that option on the woodstove. ;-)

On Jan 2, 12:42*pm, wrote:
Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? * I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. *They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking for experience in the VistaFlame brand just to be clear

On Jan 2, 3:42*pm, wrote:
Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? * I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. *They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

They are just finishing my new house and it has a VistaFlame pellet
stove. Since I have only tested it once, I don't have an opinion,
except that unlike my old stove it has an automatic start which I
like. VistaFlame is made by Enviro, so I went by the place that
services them to see if they would be available when needed. They
won't touch anything that doesn't say it is Enviro. When you open mine
up, the label inside says Enviro, so maybe if I could replace the
exterior VistaFlame plaque, they would condescend to work on it.

Dave

On Jan 2, 10:15 pm, wrote:
On Jan 2, 12:42 pm, wrote:

Does anyone have one of these stoves or know someone who does? I was
wondering what kind of experiences anyone has had with these. They
look like a good buy but I havent seen or heard anything on them.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking for experience in the VistaFlame brand just to be clear

I've had a Vistaflame VF100 since 2002 running a ton and a half of
pellets through it a winter. No problems till this year when the
exhaust blower started making a irritating high pitched wine. Having
trouble getting information on a replacement. Other than that it can
keep our downstairs warm all winter.