Posted to alt.home.repair
Sue Sue is offline

Default Price Pfister valve stem replacement

Hi-
I was hoping someone could help me with a somewhat basic plumbing
question.

I am replacing the valve stems for my shower (3 handle set-up).

As part of this I want to replace the the brass bushing that the valve
stem presses into (not sure if I am using the right terms); the stems
I bought from Lowe's came with new bushings.
I was able to remove the old bushing, but the new bushing (that came
with the stem that I bought) would not screw into the old seat.
Upon inspection, it appears that the threaded section of the new
bushing was half that of the old section.
Not sure if this was why the new bushing would not screw in, but it is
driving me nuts.

Has anyone had this problem before?
Any ideas how to address this?

Thanks
Sue
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 2:58*pm, Sue wrote:
[...]

you should take the old parts in and match them up on the spot, their
are just to many differant ones to choose from
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 31, 3:58 pm, Sue wrote:
[...]

Sounds familiar, although my problem dealt with the valve stem on my P/
F kitchen sink. I ended up contacting the company and they replaced
the stem without cost but sent the wrong part. Eventually, they sent
the right one so don't give up.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sue Sue is offline

On Dec 31, 3:58*pm, Sue wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the ideas.
Unfortunately Lowe's was not much help.
I'll try a plumbing supply store next and then Price Pfister.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:25:57 -0800 (PST), Sue
wrote:

On Dec 31, 3:58*pm, Sue wrote:
I'll try a plumbing supply store next

and then Price Pfister.