Posted to alt.home.repair

Default casement window operator

I have a casement window by Hy-Lite, and the gear mechanism is
faulty. It works fine for cranking the window open, but then won't
work to crank it closed. It looks like one of the gears is tilting up
or something, so they are not meshing right when I apply pressure to
close the window. I can't seem to remove the housing or handle on the
inside to get at it... Any suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

C. R. Laurence Company

http://www.crlaurence.com/productpag...037_14930.html
they have many more. I don't know if you can buy from them, but
any commercial glass house in your area can.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"martha" wrote in message
I have a casement window by Hy-Lite, and the gear mechanism is
faulty. It works fine for cranking the window open, but then
won't
work to crank it closed. It looks like one of the gears is
tilting up
or something, so they are not meshing right when I apply
pressure to
close the window. I can't seem to remove the housing or handle
on the
inside to get at it... Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:31:36 -0800 (PST), martha
wrote:

I have a casement window by Hy-Lite, and the gear mechanism is
faulty. It works fine for cranking the window open, but then won't
work to crank it closed. It looks like one of the gears is tilting up
or something, so they are not meshing right when I apply pressure to
close the window. I can't seem to remove the housing or handle on the
inside to get at it... Any suggestions?

I this handle trimmed into wood? Say trim needs to be removed - to
remove the operator?

or

*
http://www.allaboutdoors.com/index.p...f 1b7397871b4
Oren

Mobile home window operator Ken Knecht Home Repair 2 July 25th 07 12:36 AM
Casement window air conditioners Nathan Zimmerman Home Repair 12 July 2nd 06 07:57 PM
Casement window MODERN LASS UK diy 0 January 5th 06 12:40 AM
Casement Window Won't Close Bob Home Repair 2 September 27th 05 05:24 AM
Old casement window problem David Home Repair 2 April 1st 04 08:24 PM