Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need help putting floor and wall up in garage

I'm building a room in our garage. How do I install a floor frame on
top of a post-tension concrete slab? I'm not sure what I can use to
attach it to the floor. The slab is stamped with the words, "Do not
drill or core." I am also unsure about the best way to create a vapor
barrier.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 3:05*pm, Rick Blaine wrote:
wrote:
I'm building a room in our garage. How do I install a floor frame on
top of a post-tension concrete slab? I'm not sure what I can use to
attach it to the floor. The slab is stamped with the words, "Do not
drill or core."

Assuming you are anchoring one or two walls to the original garage wall and
using joists or trusses for the ceiling, I'd use construction adhesive.

Thanks every one. I'm really new at this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I'm building a room in our garage. How do I install a floor frame on
top of a post-tension concrete slab? I'm not sure what I can use to
attach it to the floor. The slab is stamped with the words, "Do not
drill or core."

Assuming you are anchoring one or two walls to the original garage wall and
using joists or trusses for the ceiling, I'd use construction adhesive.

Yep, clean the floor thoroughly and construction adhesive. I did that
for several walls in my basement and none have shifted. I was going
floor to ceiling so was able to get a really tight fit.

Harry K