Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Need help putting floor and wall up in garage

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:13:10 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:36:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I'm building a room in our garage. How do I install a floor frame on
top of a post-tension concrete slab? I'm not sure what I can use to
attach it to the floor. The slab is stamped with the words, "Do not
drill or core." I am also unsure about the best way to create a vapor
barrier.

Good question and smart to ask ahead of time.

My concrete slab was NOT marked "Do not drill or core." I found out
the slab was post-tension; during a bath remodel. We moved the tub
drain a couple of feet and found the cable when cutting into the slab.

Lucky we did not cut or damage it. That was 3 years ago or so and
I've not seen any adverse affect to the slab.

How thick is the slab?

Do take my advice as I'm no a pro. but a ramset anchor should not
damage the cable.

Do NOT, sorry

2 minute video on post-tension slabs..*

*