Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sewage pump vent stack

I put in a new toilet and sink in basement with sewage pump. Drain
lines are in no problem, but was planning to run vent stack just above
utility sink on first floor and tie in there - but discovered that
second floor sink drains into same line. Then planned on venting out
of garage and hiding unsightly exhaust behind some bushes, but window
on side of garage does not allow for 10' horizontal spacing as
required, and inspector said it needs to be 10' above grade if going
above window on sidewall vent and garage is only 9.5' high. So, what
options are left? I can try to find another vent to tap into from
another sink, but that might mean cutting quite a bit of drywall and/
or cabinet backing. And I would hate to incur the expense and
potential leakage of going through roof. Any other ideas?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I put in a new toilet and sink in basement with sewage pump. Drain
lines are in no problem, but was planning to run vent stack just above
utility sink on first floor and tie in there - but discovered that
second floor sink drains into same line. Then planned on venting out
of garage and hiding unsightly exhaust behind some bushes, but window
on side of garage does not allow for 10' horizontal spacing as
required, and inspector said it needs to be 10' above grade if going
above window on sidewall vent and garage is only 9.5' high. So, what
options are left? I can try to find another vent to tap into from
another sink, but that might mean cutting quite a bit of drywall and/
or cabinet backing. And I would hate to incur the expense and
potential leakage of going through roof. Any other ideas?

studor valve

http://www.studor.com/index2.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, I thought of an AAV, but the NSPC specifically calls out that
these are not permitted for sewage ejector pumps. The other codes
don't appear to specifically call it out, but I don't want to take the
chance that it would be reason to fail my inspection. I have a call
into the inpsector, so we'll see what he says.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Through the roof is simple, cheap and easy. Pre-manufactured rubber roof
flashing is inexpensive and completely reliable if installed correctly,
which is easy to do.