Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sewage ejector pump for cabana?

I am having a new pool installed and am thinking about a small cabana
in the garage to reduce in house traffic. Unfortunately the yard
slopes down toward the garage, and the toilet sewer level there would
be slightly below the sewer main at the street. I therefore have to
pump up hill.

1) A local plumber has estimated $7500 in order to install sewage
ejector pump and pit and ~200 feet of pipe and whatever else is
required but not including hook up to the town sewer which would
entail jacking up sidewalk and street ($10K??). This seems high
considering the soil is clay without shale. Is it just that we don't
do this much in the flat cotton fields of Dallas or is this
reasonable?

2) My town inspector would prefer a direct connection to the sewage
main which is very expensive (see above). I don't know yet if this is
required by code or not (it doesn't sound like it), but I don't want
to pressure the inspector if it is not necessary. Is connecting to the
house with a check valve unreasonable?

3) Are the electrical pump failure alarms dependable?

David - Dallas
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Typically a 2" pipe is run from the ejector pit to the existing discharge
pipe, just beyond the house trap. A vent will have to be connected to the
existing vent or a new one run as well.

Ejector pump backup? RickH Home Repair 1 June 10th 08 10:41 PM
Sewage Ejector Pump Bubbles [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 15th 05 02:43 PM
sewage ejector toilet vent installation wannabe Home Repair 7 December 5th 05 10:42 PM
Ejector pump keeps running Dale Frye Home Repair 9 December 20th 04 11:48 PM
clothes washer under sewer line with ejector pump fixhouse Home Repair 1 June 1st 04 01:11 PM